Daniel Zerfass, M.Eng, P.Eng
Master of Engineering Degree in Structural Engineering Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, graduated in November 2003, University of Alberta.
Bachelor of Science Degree, Civil Engineering, June 1989, Bucharest, Romania.
Technologist in Mechanical Sciences, June 1984, Bucharest Romania
2005 to date: Zerfass Engineering Ltd. – C.E.O, Project manager / Consultant / Contractor
2001-2009: T&T Inspections and Engineering Ltd. a division of Hyduke Energy Services Inc. - Project Engineer (contractor part time), Lead for structural division.
1990-1996 Herbert Wacker GmBH Filderstadt Germany - Project Engineer for industrial structures
1986-1990: Cement, Lime, Plaster Engineering Consulting CA. Bucharest, Romania - Project Engineer / designer for cement plants
Numerous attended lectures and seminars held by industry leaders in technology, management and environment and through the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA) as continuous education program.
Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA) Canada
Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors (CAODC)
American Petroleum Institute (API 4F and Q1) for design and fabrication Masts, Crown Assemblies and Substructures for Oil Rigs.
ISO 9001: 2003 Quality Management Systems Certified
ISO 29001-2010 Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries -- Sector-specific quality management systems -- Requirements for product and service supply organizations
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Daniel has over 20 years Canadian and international experience in the multidiscipline structural / mechanical engineering field.
Daniel’s project extensive experience in structural design, construction and inspections on various projects, including:
- Design verification, inspection and rehabilitation for service /workover and drilling rigs, as well as offshore rigs, following latest applicable American Petroleum Institute and/or Det Norske Veritas standards services specifications, and recommended practice.
- Accessories buildings and equipment for drilling sites,
- Overhead equipment, bridge cranes, portable cranes,
- Offshore and onshore wind turbine structures on wind farms stations
- Retrofit and rehabilitation for industrial plants for different international sites
- Forensic investigations and failure analysis for different insurance companies or Occupational Health and Safety that require third party expertise and expert witness to investigate accidents /failures for different structures.
- Extensive computer aided design experience with Staad Pro, AutoCAD, Inventor, Ansys, Solid Works, Cosmos Works.
- Consulting and Independent Quality Assurance and Control for compliance for structure’s designs for different engineering consulting firms
- Research and continuous education to keep up to the latest standards and technology, solving environmental and safety issues in the industry.